Privacy & Cookies Policy
Versailles B.V., the holding company of the Vemedia Consumer Health Group, with registered office at Verrijn Stuartweg 60, 1112 AX Diemen, The Netherlands (hereafter referred to as “Vemedia”) is committed to respecting your privacy.
Your personal data are at all times treated in accordance with the applicable data protection laws. This privacy and cookies policy (hereafter referred to as “the Policy”) informs you on how Vemedia handles your personal data that you provide through this website.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF THE POLICY
The use of this website is subject to this Policy. By accessing this website, you acknowledge having read and accepted, without any reservation, this Policy.
As this Policy can be modified at any moment without prior notice, you are responsible to regularly consult this Policy.
2. COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA
Vemedia is responsible for the processing of your personal data. Vemedia may collect and process the following personal data about you:
• the IP address assigned to you during your connection;
• the date and time you access this website;
• the pages consulted;
• the type of browser used;
• the platform and/or operating system installed on your computer;
• information obtained within the context of Google Analytics; and
• the search engine and key words used to find the website; and
• information that you provide through this website. The information you submit to Vemedia may include date of birth, name, address, e-mail address, phone number and product interests.
3. PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Vemedia, as well as the entities with whom Vemedia shares your personal data, may use such data only for the following purposes:
• providing you with the specific information requested by you through this website;
• making promotional offers regarding Vemedia‘s products and their environment, including any third parties with whom Vemedia collaborates; and
• measuring the number of visitors to the different sections of this website, including for making improvements to this website.
In addition, Vemedia may use anonymous data to, amongst other, improve this website.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Vemedia may disclose your personal information to any member of the Vemedia group. In addition, Vemedia may also disclose your personal information to third parties, only in the following cases:
• In the event Vemedia has entered into a business partnership with retailers, health forums or promotional partners. These entities may use your information to make predictions about your interests and may provide you with promotional materials, advertisements and other materials.
• if Vemedia is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
5. PERSONAL DATA TRANSFER OUT OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
Vemedia may share the personal data you provide with third parties that may be outside the European Economic Area.
If your personal data are transmitted to third parties located outside the European Union, Vemedia is committed to taking the necessary steps to ensure the protection of your personal data in accordance with this Policy.
6. PROPORTIONALITY AND DATA RETENTION
Vemedia will only collect and process your personal data where relevant and proportional to the purposes for which they are collected.
Vemedia will only retain your personal data for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which they were collected, or as required under any contract or by applicable law.
7. YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
You have the right to consult your personal data in order to (i) ensure the accuracy of your personal data, (ii) correct any errors of your personal data and (iii) have your personal data removed if incomplete or irrelevant. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes. To this effect, you can contact Vemedia on the address of Vemedia referred to above.
Vemedia is committed to taking all appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unauthorized destruction, against accidental loss and modifications, access and any other unauthorized processing of personal data.
A cookie is a small piece of information saved by a website on your computer. This cookie may be retrieved during a subsequent visit to the same website. The cookie cannot be read by another website than the one that created it. Most cookies are only valid for the duration of a session or visit. None of them contain information that allows you to be contacted by telephone, e-mail or post. Most browsers are set to automatically accept cookies. However, it is possible to configure your browser to notify you each time a cookie is created or to prevent their registration.
8.2 Types of cookies
Vemedia may use one or more of the following types of cookies:
• cookies required to operate this website, for example by allowing a visitor to stay connected to his account;
• cookies tracking the use of this website so as to generate statistical reports on the use of this website, without identifying the individual users of this website;
• cookies that are necessary for the proper and efficient functioning of this website, including cookies that allow this website to save your preferences; and
• cookies tracking the behaviour of the users of this website so as to provide such users with offers or promotions.
8.3 What to do if you do not want any cookies?
By using this website, you allow Vemedia by default to store cookies on your computer. If you do not want this website to store cookies on your computer, you have the option to block cookies (eg by configuring your browser to refuse all cookies) and/or to eliminate the cookies that have already been placed on your computer.
Be aware, however, that when you deactivate the cookies, a certain number of functionalities may no longer be available on this website.
Should any part of this Policy be declared invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, this will not affect the validity of any remaining portion of this Policy and such remaining portion will remain in full force and effect as if the invalid portion of this Policy had been eliminated.
You can address any request or question to Vemedia relating to this website and/or this Policy to the address of Vemedia referred to above.
11. APPLICABLE LAW
This website, its content and the Policy are governed by Dutch law and any disputes relating thereto are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.